2G rule: Covid-19 rules to enter hotels, restaurants and ski-facilities in Austria
As of December 17, 2021, the 4th lockdown has ended in Salzburgerland and 2G rule applies throughout Austria.
In tourist accommodation, gastronomic, leisure and cultural facilities, advent markets, cable cars, when using services requiring close contact and at events for more than 25 people, a proof of vaccination or recovery from Covid-19 must be provided.
• Negative tests of any kind (PCR or antigen) are no longer valid for entry into these facilities (exception: children 12-15 years with Ninja Pass).
• A FFP-2 respirator must be worn in shops and museums.
• The validity of vaccination certificates is reduced to 9 months after full immunity. Another dose of vaccination (usually the third) is then required to renew the certificate.
• The Johnson & Johnson vaccination will be valid until January 3, 2022, after which vaccination will need to be renewed.
• Children under the age of 12 are excluded from the 2G rule.